Legislative District 21
Home City: Peoria
Member Since: 2018
Rules, Vice Chair
Transportation & Technology, Member
Natural Resources, Energy & Water, Member
Rick was born and raised in the heart of the Midwest, Omaha, Nebraska. While growing up in the Midwest he developed strong Midwest Values, which include working hard, taking care of your family and treating others the way you would want to be treated. And he has lived these values his entire life.
Rick was a single parent to four children. Along with raising four children he worked full-time while continuing his education. Rick has a diverse background including twenty years of experience as a business owner and developing and instructing college/trade curriculum. Rick is also a licensed real estate agent.
On their first visit Rick, and his wife Lisa, fell in love with Arizona, and shortly afterward moved to the Phoenix area.
After arriving in Arizona, Rick contributed to the Arizona economy by starting a small business, which focused on the Northwest Valley area. Rick also became an active volunteer in the community that he loves. Rick belongs to and serves, or has served, in the following organizations:
• Former Board member Sun City Homeowner’s Association (SCHOA) and former Chair for the Governmental Affairs Committee
• Former Board member of Sun City Community Assistance Network (SC CAN)
• Former Board member of Northwest Valley Connect
• Former Board member of the Sun City Taxpayers Association
• Former Board member Sun City Area Transit
• Former Member of the Peoria Rotary Club
• Precinct and State Committeeman for Republican Legislative District 9
• Elected 2nd Vice Chair for Republican Legislative District 9
• Precinct and State Committeeman for Republican Legislative District 21
In January 2018 he was appointed to the Arizona State Senate. On November 6, 2018, he was elected to this position serving Legislative District 21. He currently serves as the Senate Majority Leader.
Prior to serving in the Arizona Senate, Rick was elected to the Arizona House of Representatives and served from 2011-2017. During this time, he held the following positions:
• House Majority Whip
• Chair of Transportation and Infrastructure
• Vice Chair Rules Committee
• Vice Chair Commerce Committee
Rick graduated from Grace University earning a Bachelor of Science degree with a dual major of Organizational Leadership and Biblical Studies. Rick is happily married to Lisa. They attend Christ Church of the Valley and are blessed to call Arizona their home.