Governor Signs Important Education Bill
Governor Brewer signed into law an important piece of education legislation today.
The bill, SB1196, sponsored by Senator John Huppenthal, R-Chandler, instituted a series of important education reforms.
The bill included:
– Enhanced teacher performance pay.
– Increased online instruction as an alternative and innovative means of teaching.
– Improved fingerprinting requirements for school personnel.
– Allowed greater flexibility within school district board governance.
– Provided greater flexibility within school construction processes.
– Implemented consistent evaluation and assessment to better measure the overall quality of Arizona schools.
– The establishment of a task force to promote student achievement and academic gains.
– Financial shelter to school districts and charter schools by exempting them from municipal tax on the storage, use or consumption of personal property.
The following pictures feature Senator John Huppenthal, R-Chandler (left), and Senator Chuck Gray, R-Mesa (right) at the bill signing event today.
2 views0 comments